Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and approves all policies and procedures governing patient care in accordance with generally recognized standards of the practice of dentistry.
- Annually review and revise(if indicated) dental protocols based on clinical research and practice in collaboration with Dental Advisor and Oral Health Program Manager
- Participates in quality assurance program and in continuing efforts to improve quality of care.
- Participates in quarterly quality assurance team meetings.
- Ensure implementation of corrective actions to address omissions and /or deficiencies noted by the Quality Assurance Team.
- Provides consultation to the Oral Health Program Manager in assessing a patient’s complaint with regard to quality of dental treatment received.
- Advises Oral Health Program Manager, Staff Dentists, and Dental Hygienists regarding patient care and clinical operations.
- Acts as the supervising dentist for staff dentists.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases, abnormalities, injuries and dysfunctional disorders of the oral cavity and its associated structures.
- Examines patients and interprets radiographs and diagnostic tests.
- Evaluates findings and prescribes type, extent, and order of treatment required.
- Restores health and function of carious, fractured, or otherwise defective teeth
- Provides consultation services
- Monitors quality of patient care, infection control and safety procedures
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- Provides clinical supervision for RDH and Dental Assistant.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess a Doctorate in Dentistry
- Minimum two (2) year Dental Program Advisor or (5) years Dental Office experience.
- Current NYS Dental License
- Child Abuse Reporting Certificate
- Infection Control Training Certificate
- Tobacco Control Continuing Education Certificate
- Must possess good organizational skills, ability to interact with a wide variety of patient types, must be schedule-oriented. Must be able to maintain balance between deliveries of quality services and revenue expectations. Must be exceptional in ability to manage patients, especially children.
- Pediatric experience, prior supervisory experience and/or OR experience is helpful.
A competitive salary, benefits package, relocation reimbursement and sign-on bonus are offered to competitive qualified candidates.
Position is available in a new state-of-the-art facility and Mobile Dental Clinic. In response to a long-standing community need, Lourdes has established a Center for Oral Health. The Center, located at 219 Front Street in Binghamton, focuses on restoring and maintaining dental health for children and their families. Services Provided through the Center for Oral Health include: -urgent care -routine cleanings -fillings -extractions -sealants -x-rays -fluoride treatments -patient education Services are provided by Dentists and Registered Dental Hygienists.