Lourdes Hospital unveiled its Healing Garden on Thursday, July 31 with a Garden Party Groundbreaking. The Healing Garden is located outside the hospital’s Lecture Hall and Family Care Pharmacy on the Main Floor. When facing the front of the hospital on Riverside Drive, the Healing Garden is located to the left of the Emergency Department in the grassy area behind the grotto.
A Healing Garden is a garden meant to celebrate life. It is a living garden designed as a retreat and a place of respite for patients, visitors, and staff to be used for their psychosocial and physical needs. It is designed in such a manner that the patients, staff and visitors are able to take care of plant material in the garden.
- Jenna Cook, PhD and Nancy Percik, Master Gardener, project consultants
- Blane Pixley, Head Groundskeeper at Lourdes
- Julie Ashman, RN, Radiation Oncology and Facilitator of Living Well Survivorship Series
- Robert O’Connell, President, Lourdes Foundation
- Sr. Marilyn Perkins, DC, VP, Mission Integration at Lourdes