161 Riverside Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905
Be prepared! Here is a list of suggested items to pack to
prepare for your hospital stay.
- A couple of pillows. Please use nonwhite pillowcases so thay
your pillows don't get mixed up with the hospital's pillows.
- Slippers or comfy socks.
- A couple of wash cloths.
- Lollipops or stick candy.
- Lip balm.
- A hairband or hair elastic to keep your hair out of your
- A fan.
- A hand mirror.
- A small notebook and pens.
- A camera with memory card/film, batteries, and battery
- Phone numbers of the people with whom you will want to share
your good news.
- Change for vending machines and/or pay phones.
- Snacks for your partner (odorless, nutritious snacks are
- CDs of your favorite music. Each Birthing Suite at
Lourdes has a portable stereo.
For your postpartum suitcase, in addition to the above:
- Two (2) nightgowns and a robe.
- A couple of nursing bras (make sure they're large enough).
- Makeup, hair dryer, other toiletries/personal care items
--whatever it takes for you to feel like you look good.
- A travel clock or watch.
- Going-home outfits for both mom and baby.
- A car seat for your newborn baby - New York State requires that
an infant be in a car set when riding in a moving vehicle.
It is a good idea to have your suitcase packed about two (2)
weeks before your due date.