169 Riverside Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905
Lourdes is pleased to present our newly re-designed Women's & Children's Center. We have expanded our Perinatal and Pediatric Services to include a hospital unit just for women. In recognition of the special needs of women and children, Lourdes provides a comforting environment where growth and healing can take place. Our belief is that the family is the basic unit of society and what strengthens the family, strengthens society as a whole.
Lourdes Birthing Center
When you choose to have your baby at Lourdes, you become a part of our family-centered approach to maternity care. Lourdes offers you a highly trained, caring, maternity team with years of experience in delivering healthy babies. We consider birth as a profound emotional, social, and spiritual event and the care we provide touches the entire family. All of our nurses are certified in Neonatal Resuscitation. We want to get to know you and your family and be there for you from prenatal education right through delivery. Our facility provides a home-like environment. Each of our 11 birthing suites allows the family to experience the entire process of labor, delivery, and recovery in one spacious, PRIVATE room. At Lourdes we offer you a private room throughout your entire stay. Calm and relaxation prevail in all aspects of care.
Join us for a tour!
Lourdes Women's and Children's Services invites expectant parents to join us for FREE tours of the Birthing Center. Moms and dads-to-be can get a look at the PRIVATE birthing suites and learn more about all of the benefits of having a baby at Lourdes.
The tours are offered twice a month. See our Events Calendar for dates and times, then call 1-877-9-LOURDES to register.
Are You Ready To Be Pampered?
We offer special amenities to laboring moms and their families. To help make your stay with us as comfortable as possible we offer:
- Spacious rooms with a sofa-bed for dad and enough room to accommodate an entire family.
- Whirlpool tubs with hand-held showers for relaxation and pain relief.
- Kitchen facilities for snacks and refreshments.
- Infant anti-abduction system.
- A fully equipped newborn nursery when baby is not rooming with you.
- Restaurant-style menu with a number of nutritional choices.
- Direct in-room phone lines.
- Each room is equipped with a speakerphone, so far-away relatives can hear baby's first cries.
- Internet access in rooms.
- A family-friendly waiting room includes comfortable furniture and toys.
- Babies Do Come With Instructions book.
- The support of caring professionals who want to make your birth experience the best it can be.
- Patients and families are welcomed back each year for a Halloween Party.
Questions About Classes/Services?
Contact Lourdes Hospital at 1-877-9LOURDES, 24 hours a day, if you have any questions about classes or services.