169 Riverside Drive, Binghamton, NY 13905
Lourdes Hospital's Massage Therapy program provides a variety of types of massage to improve your health and well-being. Lourdes Hospital offers massage therapy as a complement to your current treatment or as a stand-alone health benefit.
Massage can help:
- Relieve stress
- Improve circulation
- Promote healing
- Relieve pain
- Improve posture
- Improve flexibility and range of motion
- Lower blood pressure
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduce depression
Massage Techniques Available
- Swedish massage is generally used for relaxing the entire body, but it also increases the level of oxygen in the blood, decreases muscle toxins, improves circulation and flexibility.
- Deep tissue massage is similar to Swedish massage, but the deeper pressure on the muscles helps to release chronic muscle tension, reduce blood pressure and relieve stress.
- Trigger point massage is specifically designed to alleviate the source of the pain.
- Massage therapy for cancer patients - Many people find that when medication doesn't completely ease their pain, massage helps. Massage can also help reduce the discomforts of nausea, fatigue and insomnia as well as increase energy and optimism.
- Medicinal massage is specifically used for the treatment of conditions that have been diagnosed and prescribed by a physician.
- Prenatal massage is a wonderful way to relax, increase your energy, and relieve discomfort during your pregnancy.
Our Massage Therapist, Azura Kelley is a NYS licensed massage therapist from the Finger Lakes School of Massage Therapy in Ithaca NY. She has been a practicing massage therapist for 6 years and an employee of Our Lady of Lourdes hospital for almost 5 years.
Massage therapy sessions are held in a tranquil and peaceful room located in our new Ambulatory Care Center.
You do not have to be a Lourdes patient to take advantages of the many health benefits of massage.
Cash, check, credit card are accepted methods of payment. Flex account spending is also available with a prescription for massage therapy from a client's primary provider.
Massages are offered Monday - Friday by appointment and can be scheduled by calling Palliative Medicine at 607-798-5418. Please call if you have and questions.