27-29 Lourdes Road, Binghamton, NY 13905
The K&N Ellis Childcare and Learning Center at Lourdes is proud to use the Creative Curriculum to support development and learning. The Creative Curriculum is based on five fundamental principles:
- Teacher-Child Interactions and Relationships – Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social-Emotional Competence – A significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, Purposeful Play – Supports essential learning.
- Interacting with the Environment – The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Partnerships with Families – Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.
The Creative Curriculum offers hands on experiences and reaches out to the individual child, as well as the group. Through exploration and discovery children will learn and develop confidence, creativity, and life-long critical thinking skills.
Our curriculum will foster:
- Cognitive Development
- Emotional Development
- Language Development
- Physical Development
- Social Development
The curriculum is designed to provide common themes in each of our classrooms with activities that are appropriate for each age group - infants (6 week - 18 month), toddlers (18 - 36 months), and preschool (3 - 5 years).