The Daughters of Charity health ministry advances and strengthens the healing mission of the Catholic Church through ideas, influence, and actions. We are faithful to the tradition of service established by St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louise de Marillac, and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
Our MISSION is to make a positive difference in the lives and health status of individuals and communities. Central to our mission is service to those who are poor. The health services we provide are spiritually centered, accessible, and affordable.
Our VISION is to establish a strong, vibrant Catholic health ministry in the United States in the 21st century. We are committed to partnering with those physicians, sponsors, and other associates with whom we share compatible values. Laity are our partners in this shared responsibility for the future of our healthy ministry.
Our VISION calls us to:
- Become an advocate for a humane and just society, especially for those who are poor and vulnerable.
- Emphasize a culture that embraces learning, diversity, collaboration, and the well-being of our associates.
- Strengthen the development of religious and lay leaders.
- Commit ourselves to all aspects of health -- community health, personal health, disease management, and spirituality.
- Provide a full continuum of care, which includes home, community, ambulatory, and inpatient services, that meets preventative, acute, and chronic health needs.
- Foster growth through partnership, acquisitions, and diversification.
- Invest in change by demonstrating the value of innovation.
We must transform our governance, service models and thinking to continue our mission and achieve this vision. In keeping with St. Vincent de Paul, "Let us put confidence in our Lord, for He will be with us first and last in the accomplishment of a work to which He has called us."
Our core VALUES inspire us to:
- Service of the Poor
Generosity of spirit for persons most in need.
Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.
Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry.